London, Solicitor, Lawyer, Job, Role, Debt Capital Markets, Financial Regulation
The DMO is an Executive Agency of Her Majesty's Treasury. They are responsible for debt and cash management for the UK Government, lending to local authorities and managing certain public sector funds.
The jobholder will be required to carry out high-quality legal work with minimal supervision over a wide range of areas of legal practice, including debt capital markets; derivative and treasury management transactions; financial market regulations; and public law matters, including advice on the powers of the DMO/HM Treasury and the Commissioners for the Reduction of the National Debt (CRND) under statute. Issues of European law, foreign laws and public international law matters also periodically arise.
To succeed you will need
- Technical - Qualified to practise law in England & Wales as a solicitor or barrister.
- Experience - Evidence of a sound understanding of debt capital markets and other financial markets transactions, their documentation, related laws and regulations and market practice.
- Experience - Evidence of a successful track record managing a complex documentation process with other stakeholders, requiring strong attention to detail, a positive and proactive approach to working with others, and the ability to work accurately and effectively under pressure.
- Experience - Excellent contract drafting and negotiation, legal research and analytical and reasoning skills, with ability to assimilate and synthesise information quickly and interpret and apply statutes, case law and other sources of law.
- Experience - Excellent oral and written communication skills in order to deal with the DMO's internal and external stakeholders (e.g. senior managers, dealers, policy team, HM Treasury, external advisors, market counterparties, suppliers and other external parties in the private and public sector) in a confident, wellreasoned manner.
Benefits to you
- Civil Service Pension
- 27.5 days Holiday excluding Bank Holidays
- Up to £60k
- Flexible working / shorter working hours