FULL TIME / PART TIME *** NHS PENSION *** EXCELLENT BENEFITS
We have a vacancy for a Practice Nurse who is looking for the next step in the career and wants to help grow and build the Surgery in High Wycombe!
The job holder responsibilites will include:
* assess, plan, develop, implement and evaluate programmes that promote health and well-being, and prevent adverse effects that are detrimental to health
* implement and evaluate individual treatment plans for patients with long-term conditions
* identify and manage appropriately patients at risk of developing a long-term condition
* prioritise health problems and intervene appropriately to assist the patient in complex, urgent or emergency situations, including the initiation of effective emergency care.
* provide information and advice on prescribed or over-the-counter medication on medication regimes, side effects and interactions.
* assess and care for patients with uncomplicated wounds
* support and advise women requesting information on contraception and sexual health.
* support and manage health needs of women presenting for cervical cytology consultations, obtaining cytology samples in accordance with the cervical screening programme and competencies.
* recognise, assess and refer patients presenting with mental health needs in accordance with the National Framework (NSF) for Mental Health.
* implement and participate in vaccination and immunisation programmes for both adults and children.
* advise, support and if required, administer vaccinations for patients travelling abroad.
* promote and deliver evidence-based care for patients presenting for ear-syringing.
* assist senior practitioners in providing minor-surgery sessions.
Therefore, the successful candidate must:
* be a certified Registered Nurse
* have a current NMC registration
* be registered with the relevant professional body
* be a specialist practitioner qualified in Practice Nursing
* have clinical skills (cervical cytology, immunization, vaccination, ear care, minor surgery)
* have Knowledge of patients with long term conditions