Busy Bees in Westwick, Cambridge are looking for a Nursery Room Manager / Room Leader to join our Team working Full Time (40hours per week)The top 5 Reasons to join us!
*Visit our website to find out more
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
- Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
- Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
- Local Authority / Social Services: Cambridgeshire County Council
- Total Places for Children:137
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK's largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK. Our Vision
To give every child the best start in life Our Mission
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for schoolYour Mission
As a Nursery Room Manager you will manage a team of individuals and will guide and support them by role modelling your knowledge and best practice.
Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:Care: We take care very seriously
Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network
- As a manager of the room you have overall responsibility for your room and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standards.
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child's needs are met.
- Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our Core Values.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what children and parents deserve
- Get to know the families of children within your room, update parents on their child's day and development with invaluable professional feedback.
- Support parents with any SEN/ASL needs.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role.
- Take pride in your planning observation and assessment procedure.
- Adhere to our childcare policies.
- Organise and attend training and room meetings to ensure you and your team are always up to date with curriculums / programme requirements in the nursery.
- Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI, CIW.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Create a setting that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources.
- Ensure that children's observations are detailed, reflective and provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children's development and achievements.
- NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ
- 2 years previous experience working and caring for children under 5, ideally within an early years setting.
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.