Full Stack Developer (Permanent)
Remote working fully embedded (required to attend Head Office in Albert Dock, Liverpool occasionally)
Competitive Salary + Great Benefits
Here at Yodel we deliver more than just parcels we deliver a great experience when it comes to your career too. We are recruiting an experienced full stack developer that will be involved in the development, support and continual improvement of our Java and Mobile applications. This role covers everything from the development of backend services to modern front-end websites and mobile applications, utilising automated testing, build pipelines and automated deployments.
What you'll be doing
As a full stack developer, you will be work in an agile team, following agile development practices including ceremonies, daily scrum meetings, sprint planning and retrospectives. At Yodel Continuous Delivery is at the core of our development approach.
In addition to this you will contribute to the overall design of our systems and delivery of quality code to defined standards. The role requires the ability to work collaboratively in a scrum team, with responsibility for the delivery and support of modern software solutions.
You will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Test Driven Development
- Paired programming, as required
- Providing coaching and mentoring to less experienced developers
- Working collaboratively across IT and Business functions to deliver solution, or resolve underlying production system issues
- Must be able to work closely with solution design, business analysts and product owners
- Must be able to work with Business Representatives, providing communications in clear non-technical language.
What you need to show us
- Java Spring Boot
- Java Script specifically React or Node.js
- React Native
- Agile Working Practices
- ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana
- GIT or similar.
In addition to the above skills, you will need to have excellent problem-solving abilities and fault analysis. You will have a proven capability to work independently whilst managing and prioritising your own workload as well as an ability to adapt and support the wider team as required as well as excellent incident and problem management skills. If you have DevOps, Linux experience, Shell scripting, Maven and Microservices - these are desirable skills we are looking for in this role.
Why work with us
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Full Stack Developer wanting to join an award-winning IT team in Liverpool city centre. The successful candidate will receive the following great benefits:
- Flexible working
- Competitive rate
- Business casual dress code
- Discounted city centre parking
- Up to 25% off the various food & drink outlets in the Albert Dock.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90950525