QinetiQEnvironmental Trials EngineerSouthend, SS3 9SR
An exciting opportunity to join a high performing team of multi-disciplinary technicians and engineers delivering critical test & evaluation of defence munitions through the application of vibration, shock, climatic & radiography test programs.
As part of this team you will develop the necessary skills to simulate some of the most challenging environments in the world to ensure that the systems are ultimately safe and suitable for service at the Environmental Test Centre (ETC) in Shoeburyness.
ETC is an expanding area of QinetiQ and a world class test facility. The facility is accredited by UKAS against BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 and consequently seeks to maintain and improve its technical competences. The company maintains accreditation against ISO 9001, 14001, 18001 and 50001.
ETC is a growing area of QinetiQ and a world class test facility so presents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate.Key Accountabilities
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
- Define and lead set-ups and conduct environmental test programs in accordance with the customer specifications & working procedures ensuring a compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Show understanding for the safe and correct way to stimulate test assets with vibration, shock, climatic and temperature profiles as well as the inspection and radiography of the equipment throughout the test regime;
- Documentation reviews, data processing and reporting as required in line with customer specifications and QinetiQ's standards;
- Liaise with the planning office and other supporting functions demonstrating ownership to ensure delivery of test programs against contracted milestones;
- To undertake tests including the direction of others, associated with conducting environmental testing of test assets, and all supporting activities;
- Take responsibilities for adherence to and reviews of working procedures for you and trials team, ensuring compliance with all safety legislation associated with the activities;
- Report progress to the planning office and support the generation of recovery plans where required and attend customer progress meetings as required;
- Provide supervision and direction of assigned technicians as required during day to day activities;
- Proactively provide training and supervision to develop other team members within your agreed CTCs;
- Pro-actively support and contribute to QinetiQ safety culture and undertake assigned activities to maintain and uphold safety standards;
- Undertake interdepartmental movements of test items;
- Undertake further theoretical education and courses as required to develop your knowledge and experience.
- Working knowledge of the Defence Standard, specifically 00-035;
- An awareness of Quality Assurance, external standards, and internal auditing;
- Proficient in one or more areas of Environmental Testing;
- Detailed knowledge and experience of environmental engineering;
- Knowledge of environmental engineering within the defence industry (Desirable)
- Experience of handling hazardous materials (Desirable)
- HNC/HND or Degree qualification in a relevant engineering or science subject;
- IT competence;
- Full UK driving license and access to a vehicle full time;
- Must hold or be eligible to attain UK SC Clearance.
Why join us?
- Drive and determination to achieve goals and progress your experience and knowledge to develop your career;
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels, working well within a team and individually;
- Results-focussed and enthusiastic about gaining additional levels of responsibility and accountability;
- Methodical and Logical approach, conscientious, safety conscious in all activities.
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join QinetiQ. The formula for success with QinetiQ is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining QinetiQ offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests. We offer an opportunity to work across a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits.Apply Today
If you feel you meet the criteria for this position and would like to be considered, please apply with your CV and a brief cover letter demonstrating your suitability for the position and we will be in contact