We have great opportunity based at Shuttleworth campus for a Land Based Technician with Fisheries Specialism to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Land Based Technician with Fisheries Specialism, you will play a key part in supporting the success of our students through:
- Overseeing all practical areas across the fisheries and countryside provision with responsibility for Health and Safety and resource management.
- Providing technical support in the workshop, classroom and practical working area. With a specific focus of managing and developing the fish farm and aquaculture facilities.
- Setting up, maintaining and caring for land based resources and facilities in particular those in the fisheries and countryside provision.
Our ideal candidates will have experience in the vocational area and to have knowledge of fisheries, including aquaculture and environmental management. Additional Experience, of working with young people in a training environment alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 qualification in specialism
- GCSE Maths and English Grade A-D or equivalent
- Willingness to undertake additional training
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.About Us
TES Awards 2020 - FE College Provider of the Year - The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form,Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.Contract Type - Bedford College Professional Services Ltd (BCPS Ltd)
40 hours per week (1.0FTE) /52 weeks per year
25 holiday per annum, plus public holidays
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.