We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Lecturer in Maths to become a key member of our Construction department.
As a Lecturer in Maths, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing Mathematics on a range of courses and levels.
- Contributing pro-actively in the development of the Centre curriculum incorporating innovative teaching strategies.
- Supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential.
- Managing students learning and provide a high-quality learning experience.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of current teaching and assessing on Level 2 and above Maths programmes, alongside the following qualifications:
- Relevant degree and/or Level 5 Maths
- Cert Ed/PGCE or equivalent or a willingness to obtain this
No Teaching Qualification? No problem, with significant industry or subject knowledge, as part of your employment with The Bedford College Group, we will enrol you on a Level 5 Apprenticeship, for more information and to understand whether the training would be right for you, click here.
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Job Description.
TES Awards 2020, FE College Provider of the Year - The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.Contract Type - Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 392.2 hours (45 days) holiday per annum
- Teachers pension
- circa £28,000 dependent on qualifications and experience
Salary and benefits will vary for offers where enrolment on the L5 Teaching Apprenticeship is required.
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed.
As a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, in the interests of business continuity The Bedford College Group has made the decision to conduct out interviews via Microsoft Teams. More information on Microsoft Teams interviews will be discussed at interview stage.