We are working with a well established legal firm based in the centre of Hertford, whom require a Team Secretary to support their Partner on the employment team.
So if you have exellent secreterial skills along with a confident, professional and friendly manner this could be a positon for you.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Paid overtime at single rate or time off in lieu
- 20 days holiday (increasing by a day a year to a maximum 25) plus public holidays
- Non-contractual bonus
- Pension with Royal London at statutory rate
- Life assurance four times salary after 6 months service
- Private medical insurance after 6 months service
- £500 towards gym membership or wellbeing activity each year, after 6 months service
You are appointed to assist the members of the Employment practice area in carrying out their duties and responsibilities. You will be expected to work as a team member within your practice area and the firm.
- To provide secretarial and administrative support within the Employment Practice Area
- To maintain the highest level of confidentiality always.
- To liaise with clients (and third parties) by correspondence, telephone, or attendance. Answer queries and relay necessary information in a professional and confident manner
- To type a wide range of documents with speed and accuracy and paying attention to detail
- To draft routine correspondence
- To assist in the preparation and proof reading of legal documents
- To assist the other members of the Employment practice area in organising their work effectively
- To build and maintain client relationships
- To carry out any reasonable instruction from the HOPA and other members of the team in a quick efficient manner
- To prepare bills, covering letters and take responsibility for the monitoring and reporting of unpaid bills to fee earners and carry out follow up tasks
- To monitor client ledgers and liaise with fee earners regarding housekeeping matters, including dealing with accounting issues and file closures
- To carry out procedural file reviews
- To maintain the orderly running of client files and update file labels and outlook with key dates as and when necessary
- To participate in practice area meetings
- To comply with the Firm's file management and file organisation procedures
- To comply with the Firm's, SRA and the Law Society's rules about accounting procedures
- To comply with all office procedures and standards
- Under the overall guidance of the relevant team member to assist in dealing with clients' matters in an efficient manner
- To record messages and attendances and to ensure that the relevant team member receives information in an appropriate and timely manner
- To assist with Seminars if required
Working hours are 9am - 5.15pm Monday-Thursday and 9am-5pm on a Friday, with an unpaid lunchbreak of an hour (36 working hours per week)
We look forward to your application!