Hours: 37 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for a Concept Systems Engineer to lead weapon systems work on a new product for an ambitious, highly regarded, scientific engineering / technology business that are in a position of sustained growth. The Weapon System Lead will be supporting the British Army in developing its indirect fires capability - working as part of the future battlefield capability team.
The Weapon System Lead will find this to be a dynamic role with lots of exposure to external customers and interaction across the business. There will be an opportunity to manage and support a small team, whilst developing a broad skill base, across technology and systems engineering. The Weapon System Lead will help to shape the future opportunities for the company.
The Weapon System Lead will have access to a flexible development path, and the opportunity to travel to other facilities in the UK and Europe. This is an excellent opportunity for you to secure a role with a forward-thinking company in a stimulating work environment with opportunities to learn new skills and be part of a friendly, proactive team.
Benefits of working here:
* State of the art technology & innovation
* External learning and development encouraged.
* Light and airy university type campus.
* Friendly environment!
* On site Medical Centre
* Parking / Easy Access to train station
* Coffee Shops & Onsite Shop
* Sports & Social Club and More
Duties (Include but not limited to)
* Leading the Weapon System level system development activities within the Concept Phase systems team
* Ownership of the concept Weapon System Architecture and its development.
* Performing analysis of weapon system functions, behaviours, system architecture and concept design
* Manage the analysis of the wider battlespace integration topics and system-of-systems assessment to ensure concept is suitable for British Army operations.
* Support and work with the CW Portfolio Team and onsite functional areas to ensure a credible roadmap is presented.
* Supporting engagement with the British Army and wider MOD to understand, define and develop their future needs
* Identifying technologies for battlefield weapons and conducting systems assessment to determine their feasibility for the proposed future products.
Requirements (Include but not limited to)
Someone with a keen eye for detail and the following attributes:
* Ideally degree qualified in a physics or engineering discipline
* Good collaborative communication skills with a flexible approach to leading and working in a team.
* A Technical background ideally with an understanding across weapon system designs, related systems, platforms, and sub-systems.
* Ability to think laterally and with initiative to develop new ideas, architectures, and concepts.
* A positive attitude towards problem solving and developing solutions.
* Adaptability to changing needs and flexibility to ensure programme can be redefined and achieved.
* Customer facing skills and experience - understanding and experience of the British Army is useful.
You should be able and willing to gain (UK Eyes only) security clearance, potentially to DV level in the future.
Please note; Due to the occasional high amount of applications, it can be difficult to reply to everyone. If you haven't been contacted within 1 working week, then you haven't been successful on this occasion. However, thank you for your interest.
Cirrus Selection offers the services of an Employment Agency for permanent recruitment and the services of an Employment Business for contract recruitment