Busy Bees in Wandsworth are looking for a Centre Director / Nursery Manager to lead our Team.The top 5 Reasons to join us!
*Visit our website to find out more Our Nursery
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, Virtual learning and career progression opportunities
- Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
- Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
Our Busy Bees nursery in Wandsworth is a stunning purpose built setting, that features bright and spacious rooms for children ages 0-5 years to develop and flourish.
We have age-appropriate rooms for all children, filled with state-of-the-art equipment and unlimited learning opportunities, so that children can have fun playing and learn at their own pace. Each room has the flexibility to offer the ideal environment for every child, depending on their age and stage of development. Our Company
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK's largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK. Our Vision
To give every child the best start in life Our Mission
Deliver high quality childcare and exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for schoolYour Mission
As Nursery Manager you are fully accountable for the day to day running and performance of the nursery. You are accountable for the delivery of the nursery's financial operating plan and EBITDA contribution. Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:Care: We take care very seriously
Service: We are an integral part of a parent's support network
- As Manager you have overall responsibility for the nursery and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standards
- Safeguarding children is your priority and you will be the Safeguarding lead
- Speak Up against practices that don't support safeguarding or our Core Values
- Always ensure that ratio and requirements are met.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it's what children and parents deserve
- Market and sell the nursery and be the main point of contact at the beginning or end of each day
- Complete all office-based duties
- Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting rapport with parents and be able to manage parental complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner
- Ensure SEN/ASL needs are identified early and are met with respect, care and professionalism.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role
- Monitor the nurseries planning observation and assessment procedure
- Manager your Senior Team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to date on business changes and best practice
- Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations
- Ensure that the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI, CIW.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Ensure that the setting is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources
- Overall responsibility to maintain ratios and statutory/welfare requirements within the nursery
- Audit children's observations ensuring they provide an accurate, detailed reflective account of the child's current development needs and ensure staff are providing developmentally appropriate challenging next steps
- Appraise and manage the team keeping them motivated whilst also addressing any issues.
- NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ held for at least 3 years
- Degree or Leadership and Management qualification (Desirable)
- At least 4 years occupational experience within a nursery environment
- At least 1 years previous experience as a Nursery Manager/Assistant Nursery Manager
- An unrivalled dedication to give every child the best start in life.
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.