Are you an Automation Manager working in manufacturing and at the top of your game? Working alongside our Head of Engineering, as part of our Central Project Engineering team, you'll create and lead our Engineering Automation and Innovation strategy from Bakery to Board Room.
Based from our Bolton Head Office, working nationally throughout our Bakery network, our Central Engineering team are dedicated to Engineering Excellence and continuous improvement. We are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of engineering innovation.The Recipe
As "Britain's Best Loved Food Brand" we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
We're going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement.
Our Engineering team are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we're looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire our teams.
We are looking for you to be the expert in Automation & Innovation and accountable for the identification and delivery of productivity improvements through the introduction of automation and process improvement solutions. We will be looking to you to build an understanding of our sites, working alongside our Engineering Managers and their teams, to build a national strategy.
You will already have experience of working with Senior Leadership teams with the ability to manage and motivate teams, directly, indirectly and remotely, using your experience and knowledge to guide and influence. You will also have experience in supplier relationship management, successfully using these relationships to keep up-to-date with changing technologies. We are looking for you to be an excellent relationship builder and team player, with the ability to work effectively with diverse groups, exhibiting the leadership and strategic skills that this role requires.
As our Automation & Innovation Manager you will possess a broad knowledge of business processes and emerging technology solutions. Working with both business and functional strategies you will rise to the challenge to help deliver on National objectives. Essential Ingredients
- An expert in Automation with experience of designing and implementing automation led projects within FMCG
- An Engineer with experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities to drive quality, cost, reliability and safety performance.
- Driven by solutions with a positive approach, ideas and innovation motivated
- Passionate about quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
- Understanding of managing people and leading by example
- Experience of COSHH & HACCP
- Working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
- Living our culture and values, the writing is on the wall, this is Warburtons!
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread's worth;
- Competitive Basic Salary & Company Car
- Family time is important to us so we'll give you five weeks annual leave with an option to purchase an additional 5 days each year
- Ongoing development and investment in you
- A share of our Annual profits paid out just in time for Christmas
- A fully-stocked Kitchen full of our freshly baked products
- Award winning pension plan
- Life assurance
- Discount vouchers and products you'll love
- Benefits for you and the family for example; Discounted gym membership, Child care vouchers & Cycle to work schemes
- Family Fun Days, Charity Events & Social activities
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91045417