Regional Manager (Charity / Learning Disabilities)
Hft is a national charity and a leading force in supporting people with learning disabilities and their families. A truly nationwide organisation, they support approximately 3,000 people through innovative, person-centered services with a strong focus on promoting independence.
Everything we do focuses on helping the people we support to live the life they choose. By working in partnership with them, and those that know them well, we create flexible services that meet their needs, whether they need substantial or just occasional support.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to join us as a Regional Manager to shape our services and develop and lead the region to success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The management and development of services within Bedfordshire
- Raising the profile and working standards to ensure that Hft is the leading provider of learning disability services
- You will become a champion of our support model, Fusion, and ensure the model is used to optimise the delivery of high quality, personalised services.
Reporting to the Divisional Director, you will be part of Hft's senior operational management team.
You will need to be skilled in supporting people with complex needs and with knowledge and experience of negotiating and building relationships with Local Authorities and other external agencies. You must have a proven track record of managing significant budgets in a tight financial climate. Strong communication skills are essential with the awareness and sensitivity of dealing with the issues surrounding a changing organisation. You must be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, including managing motivating and coaching experienced managers. You will be responsible for a geographical region including new growth and development of existing services. This is a pivotal role with the scope to shape and contribute to the working of the wider Divisional Management team.
A full UK driving licence is essential and you must be qualified to a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care or equivalent. You will also need experience and up to date knowledge of the learning disability sector.
What we offer
The career development opportunities are excellent. With Investors in People and Skills for Care accreditation we are committed to investing in our teams to ensure they have the specialist skills and expertise needed to support others to live the best life possible. Your registration and induction process will start as soon as you join.
- Access to the Hft Plus benefits package, which includes a great number of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out; but also an Employee Assistance Programme, with telephone and face-to-face support options, as well as support for financial wellbeing.
- Access to award winning training and development - Hft is one of only four charities to have achieved the Skills for Care 'Centre of Excellence' provider status
- Annual staff award scheme - The Fusion Awards, and peer recognition through our GEM awards programme
- 20 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays) increasing to 25 days after a year of employment (pro rata for part time staff)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
Join us and help us change lives.
Salary: a competitive salary of between £35-45k depending on experience
Hours: 37.5 per week, Full Time, Permanent
Closing date: 10 November 2020
Interview date: TBC
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Hft's usual terms and conditions apply.
Hft is committed to equal opportunities and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. As a Disability Confident Employer, Hft is helping to ensure that disabled people have the same opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations that people without disabilities do.
Successful applicants will need to undertake an enhanced disclosure check against the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). Having a criminal record may not bar you from employment.
You may have experience of or interest in the following: Regional Manager, Operations Team Leader, Service Delivery, Social Care Manager, Learning Disabilities, Project Manager, Change Management, Charity, Charities, NFP, Not for Profit, Third Sector, Social Care, Social Worker, Service Manager, Positive Behavioural Support, etc.