Our client, a market leader within the Utilities industry, is looking to recruit 2 Maintenance Planners on a contract basis for 12 months.
As a Maintenance Planner, you will be responsible for the planning and allocation of maintenance activities across a number of client sites in a defined area. You'll be working with the maintenance teams to deliver safe and cost effective asset reliability, playing a key part in the move from reactive to proactive maintenance.
* Ensure safety is at the forefront of planning activity and hazards are identified upfront for all planned maintenance activity.
* Liaising with the maintenance and operational teams to develop maintenance job plans that are accurate and ready for work scheduling and execution. This will include; people, skillsets requirements, estimated job duration, materials or parts requirements, special tools/ equipment, developing work instructions which include essential safety requirements.
* Quantify and request spares, materials and services for maintenance activities, adding materials to work orders as required. Liaise with maintenance teams, scheduling and supply chain to confirm correct specifications and build bills of materials for critical and repeat fail assets.
* Review all new corrective work raised for planning to ensure appropriate priority allocation.
* Proactively plan asset downtime to have minimal disruption to treatment plans and processes.
* To create, maintain and improve the library of maintenance job plans.
* Develop and issue the short, medium and long term maintenance plan for assets within a designated area.
* Work with operations, maintenance teams and ADT engineers to continuously adapt maintenance plans where necessary in order to increase asset reliability.
* Drive continuous improvement within the planning and scheduling team to improve the maintenance planning processes aligned with the overall work management strategy.
Knowledge and Skills
* You will have strong engineering background along with initiative and attention to detail. Experience of maintenance industry is essential.
* In depth maintenance knowledge and skill to accurately estimate labour hours, material requirements and skills needed to complete a job
* Ideally be educated to HNC (or equivalent) in Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation engineering with experience gained through a time served apprenticeship.
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* Possess a good understanding of SAP, MARS way of working, work orders and maintenance planning principles.
* Understanding of root cause analysis and failure analysis
* Able to work effectively as part of a team across different stakeholders (technical and non technical colleagues) and on own initiative
* Excellent planning skills and able to work logically and efficiently, maximising available resource/asset availability
* Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants