SEND Teaching Assistant
£293.10 - £350 per week
January 2021 - July 2021
Vision for Education is looking to appoint a SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join our successful supply team and work in a local primary school in the North Tyneside area. This is a fixed term Teaching Assistant (TA) role, which will commence in January 2021 and will continue on a long-term basis, potentially until July 2021.
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, the successful SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) will focus on delivering 1-1 support to a child in Year 2, this position will be full time, working 08:30 - 15:30 Monday to Friday, whilst also providing general classroom support for a class of 30 children. The successful candidate will ideally have Team Teach Training, however this is not essential, if successful applicants are willing to undergo said training. The successful candidate will ideally have previous experience of working on a 1-1 basis in Key Stage 1, ideally within a Year 2 class with experience of delivering intervention-based support.
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are minimum of a Level 2 qualification in childcare and experience of delivering one to one support.
This average sized primary school is looking for a committed and successful SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) to join their motivated team. Within this school pupil's achievement and enjoyment of learning is outstanding. Pupils learn well and make excellent progress overall. The local community is highly supportive of the school and parental involvement is very positive.
To be considered for the SEND Teaching Assistant (TA) position, you will:
• Hold a minimum of a Level 2 qualification in Childcare.
• Have experience of working as a Teaching Assistant in a Key Stage 1 environment.
• Be experienced in working with smaller nurture groups to boost attainment.
• Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of school staff.
• Have experience of delivering 1-1 support to pupils who have Special Educational Needs.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching Assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Newcastle Primary team on (phone number removed).
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.