This is a dedicated piece of work to collaborate with Commissioners and Contract Managers to review the current arrangements with third party providers in relation to Special Educational Needs service provision.
This will involve re-negotiating existing contract arrangements where possible and to design and implement a procurement strategy to bring the market under control and deliver significant savings
* Working across the commissioning and business teams, to develop and implement project plans for the implementation of the Council's commercial policy and procurement strategy. This includes the development and maintenance of performance management information regarding the process of placing new and replacing existing purchasing agreements with all related sectors.
* Provide line management support to allocated Strategic Procurement Officers
* To also act as a proactive and supportive member of the wider professional procurement team as agreed with the Procurement Business Partner
1. The post holder will be responsible for managing a portfolio of contracts and working with the team to undertake the following activities:
* Maintain and lead an expert level of supply market knowledge for assigned categories of spend, designing, developing, implementing and refining procurement and supply policies and strategies that result in improved added value and value for money for the Council. This will include setting improvement targets with Directorates for areas of spend within the category
* Carry out the strategic sourcing and benchmarking of products and services within the category/portfolio and produce executive reports for Business managers on external expenditure and provide strategic advice to Heads of Service on best value
Key Skills and Experience:
* MCIPS or equivalent relevant Business degree or significant professional experience
* Thorough understanding of corporate governance and the compliance issues associated with procurement policies and processes.
* Understanding and experience of public sector procurement regulations
* Supervisory / management qualification
* Business Process Re-engineering /Continuous Improvement related qualification
* Significant procurement management experience
* Ability to think strategically and deliver operationally
* Experience of Microsoft applications and business systems
* Managerial experience
* Experience of using E -procurement / business systems