Are you looking for a responsible job and your next career step? Do you want to be part of the future in our Company? Join our team and be part of our success, we believe 'People build businesses'!
Sonoco Papermill in Halifax (HX4) are looking for a temporary Engineering Assistant, this role is for a minimum of 6 months but could lead to a permanent position for the right person.
The role is for someone who has just completed their A levels and is looking at joining University in the next 12-18 months to study a Chemical Engineering Qualification.
Purpose of the Engineering Assistant Role
The purpose of this role is to support our new capital investment of a large-scale Engineering project. You will focus on understanding our manufacturing process to ensure that we carry the correct checks at the correct time with the correct tools. You will work on continuous improvement projects to provide more efficient and automated quality checks. You will work on problem solving within the Engineering/Quality teams.
Engineering Assistant Key Activities
* MONITOR QUALITY CHANGES
* TESTING OF BASIC PAPERMAKING PARAMETERS
* ABILITY TO RECORD & MAINTAIN LARGE DATA
* ARRANGE COLLECTION AND SENDING OF SAMPLES
* FOLLOW TRIALS, TESTING AND RECORDING
* COMBINE PROCESS INFORMATION V'S SAMPLING & TESTING
* Minimum of 5 GCSE's equivalents of A* - C
* A-levels minimum A-C
This is an exciting temporary opportunity for a focused and determined graduate looking to start a career within a company with excellent prospects. If you are looking for an environment where you can increase your knowledge and progress within a team, then this could be what you are looking for.
If the challenge of being part of a high performance team, delivering real business process and changing culture excites you. Apply in writing.
* Salary Range - £18,000
* Working Hours - 36hrs per week
* Location - Halifax (HX4)
* Annual Leave - 25 days
* Pension - Employer matches up to 10% of contributions
* Left Cover - 6 x Salary as part of the pension scheme
To apply please attach a cover letter stating your reason for applying for the position and answers the questions below within your covering letter.
1. What were the subjects you sat and the results of you're A levels
2. What University have to apply for?
3. What course are you hoping to start at University?
4. What is your commute time for the Paper Mill in Halifax XH4?