Role: 8a Occupational Therapist Hours: 40 hours per week / flexible workingLocation: BagshotBrief scope of the role:
Scope of the role
- Provide, maintain and review a comprehensive client-focused, highly specialist Rehabilitation Occupational Therapy service for patients from 16 years old and above. This service will involve carers, families and service providers.
- Provide clinical leadership in the area of neurological rehabilitation, covering a range of neurological disorders.
- Act in a consultancy role, for all clinical staff, in addressing complex patient issues in neurological rehabilitation.
- Provide clinical supervision to junior staff and Rehabilitation Assistants.
- Work in a collaborative manner with existing services and new service developments in order to contribute to the ongoing development of Ascot Rehab Service and to lead on service developments and initiatives in the area of neurology.
- Carry a specialist caseload and work with team members to assess, plan and implement appropriate rehabilitation programmes. This will include close working with other agencies and provider groups within primary and secondary care.
- Initiate and direct research and clinical audit within the service relevant to this area of expertise.
Please contact Gemma at Piers Meadows for a full job specification.