The Principal Systems Engineer will have extensive experience of full lifecycle systems engineering, with a key focus on creating multi-level requirements and developing effective verification and validation plans. The Principal Systems Engineer should have significant experience of developing system-level design concepts and working alongside implementation teams to realise effective design solutions. The role inherently requires a strong aptitude for problem solving, as well as managing potentially conflicting inputs from multiple stakeholder groups.
This Principal Systems Engineer role is within the Combat Air business group and will focus on developing a new multi-function digital receiver, which will form part of a distributed receiver architecture within a wider airborne electronic warfare (EW) detection and countermeasure system for a future multi-role combat aircraft.What you will do
- Define system requirements and influence architectures for an advanced digital receiver system.
- Work closely with RF and digital design specialist teams to inform system design concepts.
- Develop digital receiver system design concepts and perform analyses of candidate solutions.
- Use modelling to evaluate concept designs, perform trade-off studies, and evaluate results.
- Present key findings and recommendations to stakeholder groups.
- Develop detailed system and subsystem specifications to inform / guide implementation teams.
- Develop integration and test plans / procedures to assess system design compliance.
- Perform system verification to evaluate system performance within synthetic and live environments.
- Produce evidence to demonstrate system compliance with design and requirements specifications.
- Attend technical meetings and workshops with customers and industry partners.
- Experience with digital receivers and/or software defined radios.
- Knowledge of (some/all): RF, digital, FPGA, DSP, embedded software systems.
- Experience in the use of mathematical modelling tools (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink).
- High proficiency in requirements generation and management using IBM DOORS.
- Skilled in writing and interpreting requirements specifications and designing test procedures.
- Good understanding of design compliance and acceptance criteria relating to requirements and architecture sign-off at varying stages of maturity.
- Strong understanding of systems engineering principles across the development lifecycle.
- Awareness of agile development methodologies
- Self-motivated with an aptitude for problem solving and driving difficult issues to conclusion.
- Ability to cope with a high degree of design complexity and significant levels of uncertainty.
- Excellent verbal and written communication / collaboration skills.
- Experience of working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders of varying seniorities.
- Knowledge of model-based design and auto-coding from models.
- Proficiency with SysML modelling tools (e.g. Cameo Systems Modeler, MagicDraw).
- Experience working with configuration management tools (e.g. Azure, Git).
- Understanding of passive / active EW surveillance and detection systems, including methods for detection, measurement, and identification.
Matchtech acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Matchtech and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91039285