· 7.30am - 5.00pm
· Company vehicle use in work hours to travel to customer sites
· Dartford /Gravesend area
· 1 week's Full safety equipment training given at company Head office
My client, a leading specialist in confined space safety, are looking to expand their team in the Kent area.
The family run company was started over 15 years ago and has expanded; making them now one of the industry leaders.
The equipment itself is lifesaving equipment and it is used within the various commercial industries such as utilities, energy, marine etc to protect people working in confined spaces. They also run training courses so delegates can become qualified to enter these hazardous environments safely and be able to use the equipment safely.
The company are looking for a new Supervisor in their Workshop to oversee the running of their new Kent workshop premises.
· Management of premises, new staff etc
Meeting and greeting clients to the new workshop & develop good customer relations - managing expectations and meeting deadlines
· Receiving of safety equipment - logging equipment onto system and then allocating it for servicing
· Checking over equipment; testing and restoring equipment.
· Calibrating the equipment to guidelines
· Calling the clients to arrange collection
· Delivering of equipment to new & existing customer sites
· Responsibility of managing the workshop and premises - practicing health & safety policies and procedures
· Arranging hire kit for collection.
· Getting kit ready for training courses and setting up the classroom.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
· This is a great opportunity for someone who has experience with (or proven interest in) mechanical & electrical equipment, factory production line, or any mechanical equipment, testing equipment, working on a trade counter, dealing with lots of customers etc and also who has been a Supervisor within a warehouse etc
· Enjoy meeting new customers
· You will need to be happy working under your own supervision at times
· Good at time management, ensuring equipment is ready for collection or for dropping to client sites
· A confident driver as you will be visiting sites across North Kent to drop off safety equipment
· Use of company vehicle for traveling to various customer sites (full clean (ideally) licence required)
· Full training will be offered for this role @ their HO - could be up to a week off site