Senior Nursery Practitioner
An amazing opportunity has risen to join my clients First UK nursery from its sister group, who are not only the largest but an award winning Nursery chain based in the Middle East (Dubai).
They are now looking for a Senior Nursery Practitioner to join their well established and talented team of practitioners, with the main aim to work as a key person and as part of the Nursery team under the direction of the Floor Manager to provide safe, high quality education and care for young children within a stimulating and enjoyable environment. Purpose of post
- To act as a key person, providing professional support to parent/ carer and other staff in conjunction with the manager.
- To establish and maintain a safe and healthy environment throughout the centre.
- To be aware of social, intellectual, physical and emotional wellbeing of the children and provide appropriate fun and stimulating experiences to encourage independence and child initiated learning to take place.
- To participate in curriculum planning and implementation providing an effective learning environment, meeting OFSTED requirements and the EYFS.
- To provide a safe and stimulating environment that makes children, parents/ carers and students feel happy, safe, comfortable and valued.
- To undertake appropriate continuous professional development and participate in team meetings such as staff and room meetings within and outside working hours.
- Be responsible for updating registers, activity plans, accident records etc.
- Carry out administration tasks as appropriate such as answer telephone calls
- Carry out all responsibilities and activities within an equal opportunities framework.
- Administer first aid and administer prescription medication when necessary following set guidelines within the appropriate policies and procedures.
- To work within agreed policies and procedures.
- Encourage parental involvement and support for the nursery.
- To ensure the physical well being of the child by meeting individual care & needs To ensure the physical well being of the child by meeting individual care & needs e.g. nappy changing, toilet training and hygiene, clothing and application of sun cream.
- To answer doors, greet visitors, parents/ carers in an appropriate manner ensuring identification at all times.
- Senior Practitioner Experience
- Relevant Early Years Qualification, Level 3
- Genuine passion for education and making a difference to the lives of children
- Positive outlook (someone who always sees the glass as half full)
- Bags of drive and motivation with a 'make it happen' attitude
- High energy brought to every task you take on, and a solutions driven approach to problems
You'll be joining a progressive business, who strive to reward success and have the plans to expand and open further nursery's to join their UK portfolio. The role is 40 hours a week over four days, plus 4 weeks holiday plus bank holidays, with a competitive salary.