Our client, is a professional services organisation. They have a very exciting opportunity and are seeking to recruit, on a full time, permanent basis, an enthusiastic Legal Assistant to provide effective support to their Property team based in Dorchester.
Purpose of Role: To assist the Legal Advisors by providing secretarial and administrative support in a way that is conducive to enabling them to operate at optimum efficiency. Also to undertake some fee-earning work with special emphasis on drafting straightforward legal documents and proactively assisting clients with a view to gaining clients trust and to taking on basic, repeat instructions from clients direct.
On a day to day basis, duties will include:
· Develop strong client relationships and conduct effective case and transaction management in accordance with client instructions and all appropriate law and practice.
· Manage workload effectively and methodically, ensuring deadlines are met.
· Draft straightforward legal documents using the precedents provided, filing documents online where appropriate and develop skills to deal with more complex transactions.
· Prepare financial statements, invoices and accounts documentation;
· Open files, prepare and send initial client engagement documentation.
· Review client ID documents to ensure compliance with Money Laundering obligations.
· Ensure all email correspondence is entered on to Caseplan.
· Maintain a strict diary note of deadlines and timescales relevant to Legal Advisor(s) matters.
· Ensure all photocopying and scanning is accurate; take responsibility for checking photocopying/scanning done by Office Assistant.
· Attend to the submission and payment of Stamp Duty Land Tax.
· Deal with the registration of properties and leases at the Land Registry electronically including dealing with any requisitions .
· Interpret commercial leases and carry out simple legal property management tasks under supervision.
· Interpret and formally report to the client on property due diligence results i.e. Title, Replies to Enquiries, search results etc.,
· Assist the Legal Advisors with any aspect of file management, as requested.
· Prepare files for archiving and complete deletion forms promptly.
· Attend to clients on the phone and in person, accurately recording any messages and passing on to the appropriate person without delay.
· Schedule appointments, arrange meetings, and maintain up-to-date diaries using the appropriate diary function, if requested.
· Ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and client documentation and/or information.
· Observe the Firms standards of quality management in all respects.
· Undertake any additional duties which from time to time may be requested.
The ideal candidate will have a good working knowledge of conveyancing process and familiarity with online Land Registry, Stamp Duty Land Tax services and online search provider systems.
This is an office based position.