An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Siemens Smart-Infrastructure business as a Commodity Manager!
Responsible for developing and implementing the procurement strategy for software and communications technologies, you will ensure effective cost, quality and delivery to support business requirements. This opportunity will also involve coordinating business unit supplier quality handling activities in line with divisional lead and objectives. What part will you play?
What you need to make real what matters.
- Develop close relationships with strategic/key suppliers.
- Ensuring the procurement team and leadership team are aware of market trends relevant to their business in the field of software and communications.
- Lead identification of new suppliers and actively manage developments across the team.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the business unit action plan
- Source, assess, develop and maintain supplier relationships to support procurement team achieve short term Project objectives and long-term company objectives.
- Lead the development of an IT procurement strategy
- Negotiating Terms and Conditions for individual purchases up to £5M in value, dealing with commodities greater than £10M per annum, negotiation of frameworks with spend up to £5M per annum.
What else do I need to know?
- Experience in IT, software and IT services
- Commercial / contractual experience in negotiating Terms and Conditions.
- Knowledge of purchasing techniques and skills associated with the procurement of software technology and services.
- Ideally holding or working towards CIPS qualification would be preferred
We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you!
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That's why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is critical to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA
, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91063005