Project Accountant (qualified or nearing qualification ACA / ACCA / CIMA). Salary of up to £40,000.
Superb opportunity for a dynamic and driven individual with the determination and desire to take on new challenges, to lead projects and work cross-functionally to improve business processes.
If this sounds like you, and you are qualified or nearing qualification and you'd love to move into a varied role where you can truly make a difference by supporting business growth, then we want to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the DB Group (Holdings) Ltd website, where you will be required to complete an online application.
DB Group (Holdings) Limited based in Bourn, Cambridgeshire, was established in the 1980s and is a leading innovator of durable and sustainable construction materials. The Company trades through a range of brands, including market leading PUDLO waterproofing and the innovative zero cement CEMFREE binder.
At DB Group we care about our people and believe in having an open culture where employees are supported, challenged and celebrate success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do: developing our innovative technology, manufacturing our market leading products and providing outstanding customer service. We are committed to investing in the ongoing development of our people, enabling them to grow their careers with us as part of a forward-thinking team.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director, as the Project Accountant you will enjoy a challenging, varied and interesting role providing support within finance and to the wider business.
You'll be involved in a broad range of activities and have the opportunity to lead projects, hold responsibility for procedures and systems improvement across the organisation (not just financial), as well as data analysis and reporting. Inorganic growth is a key part of our business strategy, which provides the opportunity for this role to take on post-acquisition work for business integrations.
Whilst initially biased towards ad-hoc projects, this role is likely to evolve into a broader financial management position as part of succession planning, therefore offering a great opportunity for you to develop into a manager of the future.
You'll be part of a small finance team based at our site in Bourn (Cambridgeshire), however there is likely to be some travel required to support other potential UK sites as we continue with our ambitious growth plans.
What will I need to be considered for this Project Accountant vacancy?
Flexibility, enthusiasm, ambition and being a team player are all qualities that will ensure your success in this exciting role, but you will also need:
* Proven experience gained within the commercial sector and demonstrable experience in implementing changes which improve business processes and practices
* Be CIMA qualified / part qualified, or have an equivalent qualification such as ACA or ACCA (part qualified candidates including those going through the AAT route need to have passed at least half of the required CIMA papers)
* Good technical accounting knowledge and a sound understanding of finance principles
* Strong IT skills including advanced financial modelling ability
* Excellent problem solving, critical analysis and organisational skills
* Superb interpersonal skills, and able to constructively challenge and influence at all levels
* Willingness to travel when required
As part of a company that will value your professional and personal development, you'll be encouraged to bring fresh ideas to the table, and your efforts, dedication and contribution to business goals will be noticed and rewarded. You'll also receive the following benefits:
* A salary of up to £40,000, level dependent on experience and qualifications
* 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme - matching company contribution up to 5%
* Life assurance (x3 salary)
* Private healthcare
You'll be employed on a permanent contract, working full time hours Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm and Friday 8.30am to 4pm.
All applications for this Project Accountant vacancy are to be submitted online, and strictly no agency calls or agency CV submissions.
PLEASE NOTE: By clicking apply on this site, you will automatically be redirected to the DB Group (Holdings) Ltd website, where you will be required to complete an online application