Product Manager - IOT / Telco £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
We are recruiting for an energetic and passionate Product Manager who is responsible for driving forward the IoT platform, products and services, ensuring continued customer delight.
My client works with application providers, systems integrators and enterprises delivering a portfolio of services including management platforms, private network infrastructure and specialist mobile, satellite, fixed line and low power wireless area network (LPWAN) connectivity.
The key focus of the Product manager is to continually develop the product roadmap prioritising features that will satisfy a divergent group of client requirements. - therefore, someone with experience of prioritising build requirements will be more successful in this role.
Essential for this role are a knowledge of the IoT and telco landscape, and experience of steering client meetings to actionable outcomes.
Scrum certification, and experience of agile and waterfall methodologies are desirable.Essential Prerequisites for the Product Manager position
- Proven experience as a Product Manager in an IoT environment
- Experience in full product lifecycle management
- The ability to prioritise requirements across different clients
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Use of Agile and Product management Software (e.g. JIRA, Confluence, Aha!)
- Experience communicating, and managing relationships at CXO level
Your key responsibilities as a Product Manager will be:
- Agile or Scrum master qualifications
- Experience working in a Cx or Ux environment
- Experience working on project and change management
The Product Manager job is perfect if you:
- Defining a strategic roadmap for our IoT products and technology
- Establishing a clear view of customer needs, simplifying complex issues and developing appropriate solutions for their needs.
- Managing the lifecycle of new product and service development through launch - opportunity assessment, requirements definition, pricing, competitive analysis, development, and product launch.
- Maintaining a constant focus on product quality and improvement.
- Developing and deploying wholesale solutions for IoT technology, creating strategic partnerships with partner firms - both inside and outside the group - structuring & pricing offerings and creating the business case(s) for the services.
- Writing Product Requirement Documents that clearly define what is needed to create a competitive offering. Contributing to the development of sales tools and collateral.
- Introducing IoT products to the business and ensuring that training of staff and customers is effective.
- Are a confident communicator, with both technical and non-technical teams.
- Make customer-oriented decisions and share great stories of exceptional customer service.
- Have a history of developing products in an agile / Scrum environment, using an overall Product management framework to deliver outcomes.
- You can help teams to visualise & manage outcomes, prioritise work and agree the scope of a minimum viable product (MVP).
- Can identify constraints and can communicate about these and work within them. You should also know how to work in an environment where everything is not clearly defined (ambiguity).
- Know how to design operational processes for the running and maintenance of products or services throughout their product life cycle. You can redesign operational processes, amend existing processes, and plan and put into operation the stages of a new product or service development. You can act as the escalation point for operational issues and can fix complex operational issues.
In return we are offering
- Are degree educated in a relevant subject.
- £65,000 - £70,000 per annum
- Company bonus
This is a great role for someone with experience working as a Product Manager with a background in IoT and connectivity that wants to join an established and growing organisation with a clearly defined pathway to professional development.