We are recruiting an experienced Category Manager to join our Infrastructure business due to growth within the team. You will be responsible for managing and driving the strategy for a range of products within Infrastructure to deliver against stretching commercial targets.
We are looking for a strong, commercially minded individual who is comfortable negotiating and enjoys taking full ownership of managing their own category.
You will also be responsible for:
* Full accountability for supplier relationships and terms negotiations
* Analysing data to understand trends and identify opportunities
* Accountable for moving your categories forwards, working closely with key stakeholders to drive activity, awareness and performance
* Building strong commercial relationships with your supply base, defining clearly preferred supplier relationships and product ranges to the business.
* Ensuring products meet customer requirements and product file is managed effectively
What we are looking for:
* Previous Category Management or buying experience.
* Strong commercial skills with the ability to negotiate commercial terms at a strategic level
* Able to influence key stakeholders at a range of different levels inside and outside the organisation
* Analytical skills to cope with large amounts of data and interpret complex information to explore a range of scenarios and offer recommendations
* Ability to make commercial decisions at speed and implement outputs across the business
* Resilient and strong team player who enjoys working closely with others
About your development and benefits
We aim to unlock your potential and equip you with all the skills required to move to the next stage in your career with us, whilst earning a full salary. This all starts with your induction where you get to know us and our business and continues with relevant training and development.
Our people get benefits including:
* Pension plan
* Holiday - 23 days
* Staff discount
Our infrastructure businesses supply some of the UK's biggest infrastructure projects through six different brands: Burdens Civils, MPS Civils, Fusion Utilities, Utility Power Systems, Utility Fibre Systems and MCA-Fusion Hire & Repair. Each brand works together to serve customers in four key markets: civils, utilities, power and fibre, and hire.
With over 40 locations, we work with our customers to get them the materials and equipment they need, when and where they need them. It's about understanding the scale and complexity of these major projects, as well as their importance to how the UK lives, works and does business