Highly regarded engineering company based in Truro, Cornwall are looking to recruit a permanent Electronics Technician.
They have a unique opportunity for the right candidate to join a talented multi-disciplined team. They are looking for a self-motivated individual who has a passion for technology - including assembly, calibrating and manufacturing and testing - within a Quality Management System.
The successful candidate should be comfortable as part of an R&D team trialling and testing new technology as well as building [low volume] advanced measuring systems for our growing customer base.
The successful candidate will work in an environment which is stimulating, flexible and focused on achieving high standards of work.
Their core technology employs precision temperature, pressure and power measurement to determine the hydraulic performance of turbomachines. Real-time data from each asset is used to inform the client about asset efficiency and recommend operational changes to achieve maximum process efficiency.
They develop electronic hardware including precision sensor technology as well as a range of software platforms. Their software tools are deployed on both Cloud and "on-premise" platforms. Integration with SCADA or other intelligent systems is also a key feature of our solutions - along with remote technical support.
• 3-5 years' experience - Electronics &/or low volume production environment
• Computer literacy
• Self-motivated, able to work alone
• Excellent problem-solving skills
• BTEC National Diploma in engineering [or Equiv.] would be an advantage.
The role will involve:
• Assembly and testing of electronic measurement systems and sensors using standard documentation
• Calibration of instrumentation systems [computer-aided]
• Diagnostics and troubleshooting of electronic systems [would be an advantage]
• Re-ordering of parts to maintain minimal stock levels
• Record keeping of production activity as required