This is an exciting time to join HSDC. A dynamic Further Education College that has been created following two mergers and now comprises three campuses at Alton, South Downs (Waterlooville) and Havant. We are a forward-thinking tertiary provider meeting the needs of over 9000 full and part-time students and 500 employers in south and east Hampshire through the commitment and passion of some 900 staff.
HSDC seeks to provide high quality education and training in an inclusive, supportive and challenging environment, enabling young people, adults and our communities to achieve their potential. HSDC has a vision to be a leading provider for academic, technical and professional training and has clearly stated that our College exists to realise the ambitions of our community - raising aspirations, enabling achievement and fulfilling dreams
The College is ambitious and proactive with regards to opportunities and growth. We have an important future role to play in delivering the skills needs of the sub-region. Our Success:
We are looking for a Deputy Principal with proven experience/skills in the following areas:
- Student Outcomes above National Rates;
- 2nd Nationally for Positive Destinations for our 16-18 Students;
- World Skills Medallists UK and International;
- Successfully led and implemented two mergers in two years;
- Major Investment Programme via our Estates Strategy;
- Excellent Partnerships with Local Employers and Universities;
- Highly Commended AoC Beacon Award.
- Advanced leadership skills - adapting and managing change projects, making difficult decisions whilst still maintaining a motivated team;
- Financial acumen to understand key drivers and respond with clear timely and measurable recommendations;
- Able to respond effectively in a rapidly changing environment;
- The ability to respond to sector opportunities, including accessing pockets of funding and the ability to write clear and concise Expressions of Interest and Funding bids for submission to the Solent LEP;
- Advanced communication skills and the ability to adapt to different groups, students, employers, politicians, educationalists and Governors;
- Open management style and most importantly a sense of humour - making the experience fun.
More information on the position can be found here.Benefits
37 Days Annual Leave, Option for Local Government/Teachers Pension scheme, Free on-site gym, Staff lounge, Staff development opportunities, Staff recognition scheme, Employee Recommendation Incentive and access to many more benefits.Closing Date: Monday 9th November 2020Interview Dates: 2nd and 3rd December 2020
This position is full time, however, HSDC is proud to support flexible working opportunities and therefore applications for flexible working will be considered.Safeguarding
The College is committed to safeguarding and promotes the welfare of all learners. It expects all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring (DBS) check and to provide proof of their eligibility to work in the UK.
We will not accept applications from agencies for this position.