PROCUREMENT MANAGER - GLOBAL FMCG BUSINESS
Our global client is a market leader within the food processing and packaging sector. This innovative business is looking to appoint a suitably qualified Procurement Manager to join their team on the outskirts of Wakefield.
We are keen to speak with Procurement Professionals who have operated at strategic level along with a demonstrable record of working with the UK retailers in the FMCG arena.
Package is negotiable dependant on experience and includes 12% employer pension contribution, private medical cover, bonus scheme and 33 days holiday.
The Procurement Manager reports into the Head of Supply Chain and currently has one direct report which may expand as the team progress. The successful candidate will lead on the procurement of all packaging materials, bought in finished goods and factory consumable items with a real focus on driving cost efficiency and effectiveness and service improvements. The role will require the development and execution of a long-term strategy and visibility for the purchasing of packaging materials and drive improvements across cash flow, cost and service.
* An experienced Procurement Manager who has worked within the FMCG industry - packaging would be ideal however other categories will be considered
* Experience of working with UK retailers is essential
* Experience of managing a range of suppliers of varying sizes.
* Membership and CIPS accreditation advantageous.
* Experience of driving improvements in service, cost and performance across a complex supplier base.
* Commercially focused with strong evidence of negotiating skills.
* Experience of utilising ERP and MRP systems to drive visibility and improved service.
* Desirable experience of working with Microsoft AX.
* An ability to influence peers and senior managers.
* The ability to coach and mentor team member to drive professional development.
* Proactive and able to take the initiative when necessary.
* Proficient in Excel.
* Good communication skills both written and verbal.
* Team player.
JS Recruitment UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers. As soon as a decision has been reached, we will contact shortlisted applicants. If you are shortlisted, JS Recruitment UK Ltd will collect your personal data (which may include sensitive personal data). JS Recruitment UK Ltd will process your personal data for the purposes of providing you with work-finding services and/or information relating to roles relevant to you. We will only use your personal data in accordance with the terms included in the privacy notice which can be viewed on our website/
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to notify unsuccessful applicants