Are you a Registered Nurse with experience caring for patients undergoing chemotherapy?
If so, would you like use your expertise working for a leading provider of private cancer care?
As the Lead Chemotherapy Nurse, you will provide specialist nursing leadership and effective management of resources ensuring high standards of nursing care are delivered to all patients accessing the service.
You would be responsible for:
* Ensure continuity of a high standard of evidence based, nursing care for patients undergoing chemotherapy, assessing health, health related and nursing needs of patients, their families and other carers by identifying and initiating appropriate steps for effective care. This will include:
* Managing a patient caseload
* Close liaison with consultants and pharmacist
* Ordering diagnostic tests within agreed parameters
* Co-ordinating nurse led clinics
Experience and Skills:
* Registered Nurse minimum 5 years' experience
* Experience of working in a private patient setting
* An advanced practitioner either through formal qualification (as above) and/or extensive clinical experience within oncology and chemotherapy administration
* Experience in clinical leadership
Qualifications and Knowledge:
* Accredited chemotherapy course
* NMC Level 1 or Level 15 Registered Nurse
* Degree (Bsc) or equivalent in a health-related subject
* Relevant post-registration qualification in oncology/chemotherapy administration
* Ideally holding an ALS level with the Resuscitation Council or be willing to be trained to that level of competency