Litigation Legal SecretaryPortsmouth, Hampshire Circa £20,000
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal Secretary / PA to join Litigation and Family department of a well-established and reputable firm in Hampshire.
You will be assisting the fee earner mainly dealing with Personal Injury matters which may include:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Accidents at Work
- Claims Against Hairdressers
- Cycling Accidents
- Holiday Claims
- Product Liability
- Slips & Trips
- Sports Injuries
- Other Services
- Making a Claim
You will also be required to help out the general litigation department which may include:
- Professional Negligence
- Inheritance, Wills & Probate
- Property Litigation
- Contract Issues
- Debt Recovery
- All Family matters
The role will be supporting the team which will involve:
- Electronic diary management, booking rooms and arranging meetings
- Using digital transcription system to create letters, emails and documents
- Using a case management system for client files
- Scanning in and time recording of incoming post and emails
- Maintaining orderly files - keeping filing up to date
- Prepare Court/Counsel bundles as required and deal with the high courts
- Photocopying of documents
- Handling incoming telephone calls in an efficient and courteous manner, dealing with queries where possible and passing on in a timely manner
- Billing responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous legal secretarial experience within Litigation essential.
- IT literate and experience audio typing.
- Experience in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience using case management systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Possessing a good telephone manner, accuracy and attention to detail
- Must work well as part of a team and possess a pro-active team work approach.
The candidate will also be self-motivated, flexible and able to demonstrate a high level of organisational skills.