Rutherford Briant are currently recruiting for a Senior Audit Manager to join a Top 20 firm in their Financial Services team. Our client has been one of the success stories throughout 2020, even through this uncertain market they have had impressive levels of staff retention and new business wins. Based in their London office your key responsibilities will be to work closely with the Partners running a busy group of portfolio managers within their Financial Services sector. You will have a key management role on Assurance assignments where you will utilize and further develop your knowledge and skills as well as being involved in training, managing and appraising staff.
As a Financial Services Manager, you will be able to influence, motivate and lead the team effectively to provide a first-class service to our clients.Senior Audit Manager Responsibilities
Business development and Advisory:
- Work with portfolio managers to plan, control and review client work to ensure jobs are completed effectively and efficiently
- Ensure delivery of comprehensive audit files and financial statements for Partner review.
- Ensure portfolio managers are delivering audits in line with budget and the audit timetable
- Brief portfolio managers and audit or accounts staff on the client, its investment strategy ensuring that the most cost-effective approach to the job is clearly communicated.
- Help ensure that portfolio managers are supported, bringing a strong level of technical guidance and experience in order to deliver audits to completion and also to learn and enhance their own technical understanding.
- Provide a broad range of training drawing on experience
- Perform regular appraisals and sign off staff training records to help staff develop effectively
- Work closely with the wider team to ensure control of the day to day staff management.
Senior Audit Manager Skills and Qualifications:
- Identify opportunities for additional services we can offer our clients
- Identify and target new clients through networking, marketing and client referrals
- Be proactive in involving other experts i.e. Corporate Finance, Tax and other Financial Services teams where relevant
- Help deliver audit tenders and presentations
- Fully qualified ACA/ACCA with a minimum of 5 years' post qualified experience in external audit
- Experience with investment funds
- Demonstrable ability to motivate, delegate effectively, and develop a team as a respected leader
- Client focus and able to think commercially
- Organisational skills with the ability to successfully manage conflicting priorities