Job Location: Swindon , M4 Corridor , Remote / part remote working
Salary £40,000 to 55,000
PHP developer required for a prestigious company about to break into the US market after creating a significant impact in the UK.
Our client runs multiple web based front-end and back-end IT systems that support high traffic ecommerce websites with back-end systems having modules to support every area of the business and are constantly being updated and improved using the latest open source web technologies.
This role requires an experienced PHP Developer to deliver new projects and maintain existing systems whilst ensuring the highest standards are maintained within an exciting and fast paced development environment.
PHP Developer - skills / experience required:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in commercial PHP development
- Proven track record for developing scalable web applications
- Strong experience writing clean code with the ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Experience with modern PHP 7 and Composer
- Experience with functional, unit and Selenium testing
- Able to code complex DDL and DML SQL from scratch.
- Optimize queries and modify existing SQL in a MySQL environment
- Experience developing cross-browser interfaces using HTML5, CSS, SASS and Bootstrap
- Experience with GIT version control systems, ideally Bitbucket Experience with Linux/Unix especially using basic command line tools
- Experience with AWS would be useful
As a PHP Developer , your responsibilities will be;
- Develop and test software for internal applications
- Provide estimates on projects before and during projects
- Provide support in your area of expertise, assisting with relevant support desk issues
- Advise on technical aspects of projects when in planning stages
PHP Developer - Key Characteristics:
- Confident and comfortable at problem solving and finding viable solutions through researching evidence based best practice and offering constructive challenge to existing processes and practices.
- Is an advocate for working collaboratively and collectively in pursuit of joint goals across multiple functions
- Has an appetite for and is confident at contributing towards a continual cycle of change.
- Comfortable with change, ambiguity and able to challenge stakeholders at all levels and prioritise conflicting and competing demands.
- Has the courage to challenge the status quo, what we do and why we do it and present solutions and ideas to make improvement to efficiencies and quality.
- Able to work independently, take the initiative, and contribute to new ideas required in a diverse, fast-paced, deadline-driven team.