We are currently recruiting a Home Manager in Bedford
Our client is a quality-focused nursing and residential home provider.
They have developed an excellent reputation locally over the years.
Duties & Responsibilities.
* Overall responsibility for the management of the Home in an efficient and effective manner within available resources.
* To lead, direct, supervise and support staff working within the Home in providing a network of services, which can respond flexibly to the needs of the residents as individuals.
* Ensure budgets are adhered to.
* Maintain high occupancy levels in the Home, through effective marketing and relationship building.
* Provide induction training, information and supervision to staff as appropriate, ensuring they are conversant with their duties, rights and responsibilities.
* Promote effective communication by conducting regular staff meetings, handovers and one-to-one interaction & coaching.
* Monitor staff duties and performance, ensuring regular reviews take place.
* Ensure staff probationary periods are managed appropriately.
* Deal with informal disciplinary matters and action formal disciplinary procedures in partnership with the HR Team.
* Ensure the emotional, physical, medical and material needs of the residents are recognised, assessed and met where possible. This will involve ensuring there are regular reviews and assessments performed.
* Liaise with Head Office and the Operations Team in regards to purchasing, requisitions, upcoming inspections and any clinical matters which may need senior involvement.
* Oversee the implementation of systems of working which enable Health and Safety legislative requirements to be met for example, risk assessments, fire records, COSHH files etc.
* Ensure staff training is up to date in accordance with CQC Standards.
Skill and Experience
* Previous experience as a Nursing Home Manager
* Good commercial acumen and communication skills
* Experience and knowledge of CQC standards and inspections