To act in the provision of a comprehensive legal service to the Chief Constables, OPCCs and officers and police staff generally of both Devon & Cornwall and Dorset Police Forces. This will include the provision of strategic and tactical advice in a wide range of disciplines. In particular to:
* Investigate and case-manage complex pre-action and issued civil claims against, and on behalf of, both Forces.
* Represent the Chief Constables at Court hearings and Tribunals.
* Obtain civil preventative orders such as Civil Injunctions, Closure Orders, Sexual Harm Prevention Orders, and making Proceeds of Crime Act applications.
* Advise upon and manage cases involving police misconduct, employment law and coronial law.
* Deal with contentious licensing applications including liquor and firearms.
* Provide tactical advice and real-time advice on police operations.
* Supervise, monitor and assist Paralegals in the provision of general advice to officers and staff on a range of legal issues on a weekly rota.ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES & EXPERIENCE
- Qualified Solicitor, Barrister or Chartered Legal executive/Advisor (FCILEx)
- Previous experience of handling contentious matters generally.
- A comprehensive knowledge and understanding of ECHR, Civil Procedure Rules, licensing legislation, criminal law, employment law and a knowledge of the principles of obtaining civil preventative orders (Civil Injunctions, SHPO, FBO).
- Ability to manage a considerable and diverse caseload providing clear advice.
- Ability to make applications in court.
- Experience representing clients in legal hearings
- Ability to work in a highly pressurised environment and to be able to offer flexibility and advice within time constraints
- Strong emotional resilience
- Experience managing a team is preferred
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://candidate-privacy