Enterprise Architect - Insurance
An insurer is currently looking for an Enterprise Architect to join them on a permeant basis out of their offices in the City of London. Reporting to the CIO, you will be ultimately be accountable for developing the company's architectural roadmap and for building an architecture practice in what will be a highly strategic role.
You will act as the glue between the business and technology functions, working closely with business stakeholders, architects, SME's and 3rd parties in order to reach the target state architecture that you have designed. This role will be business focused and high level, where you will spend more of your time business partnering, leading TDA's and providing oversight & governance, whilst leaving the solutions and detailed design work to the rest of the Architecture team.
- Building an Enterprise Architecture practice, shaping best practice, implementing effective governance and demonstrating the value of Enterprise Architecture across the business
- Managing of a team of Architects & SME's
- Leading on the development and maintenance of current state architectural blueprints, future state architectural blueprints and transition roadmaps
- Charing and contributing to the Technical Design Authority
- Collaborating with change and transformation practitioners to ensure that change portfolios align with the architectural blueprints
- Researching new technologies and building business cases to introduce/implement suitable solutions
- Prior experience in an Enterprise Architecture/Lead Architect role
- Strong ability to take business strategy and translate that into an architectural roadmap
- Strong commercial acumen; being equally comfortable presenting business cases at Board level as you are discussing high level design with technical SME's
- Knowledge of architectural frameworks such as TOGAF or Zachman
- Broad technical background; being able to have technical conversations with SMEs across, infrastructure, applications, data and security
- Experience within Financial Services is preferred, Insurance is a nice to have
If interested, please apply directly. Alternately, you can contact Leroy Owusu on or at