H9 Technical Recruitment are currently looking to recruit a Senior Buyer
to join a rapidly expanding design and build business based in Holmes Chapel, Cheshire.
This will be a permanent role, reporting directly into the Procurement Manager, and be involved in the procurement of a variety of materials for a number of major projects across the UK.Responsibilities:
- Maintain and negotiate commercial data and supply agreements
- Support the operational supply function with problem resolution
- Achievements of Company targets on cost control, quality improvement and lead time improvement.
- Reduce the total cost of acquisition
- Development of short, medium- and long-term commodity strategies.
- Negotiate with current and new suppliers to achieve best prices and terms
- Negate supplier inflation
- Provide procurement support to the account management team
- Work in partnership with internal stakeholders to achieve company goals
- Cross functional working with Engineers, SQA, Planning and Supply Chain
- Manage a complex and varied workload to ensure focus is maintained on key actions.
The successful candidate for the Senior Buyer role will have previous experience in a strategic purchasing role, ideally from a Civil Engineering, Construction or Process Plant backgroundBelow is list desirable skills & qualities:
What is on offer?
- Experience in implementing commodity sourcing strategies
- CIPS qualification
- Strong communication skills
- Able to work efficiently to tight timescales in an environment requiring attention to detail
- Excellent commercial acumen
- Professional and Ethical in approach
- Demonstrable track record in managing direct relationships with major suppliers
- Good understanding of supply chain management and procurement, including best practise purchasing and sourcing tools and techniques
- Excellent grasp of commercial purchasing opportunities and contract negotiation and management skills.
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Opportunity to work at one of the most exciting, growing businesses in the region
- Immediate start for the right candidate