Trade Planning Manager
RM is the leading supplier of technology and resources to the education sector, supporting schools, teachers and pupils across the globe - from pre-school to higher education - including examination boards, central governments and other professional institutions.
We're on the lookout for a Trade Planning Manager to join our Marketing team based from home, with weekly travel to our Kirkby-in-Ashfield office in Nottinghamshire.
What we can offer you;
* Competitive Salary
* 25 Days Annual Leave (with an option to buy an extra 5 days)
What's the purpose of the role?
The purpose of this role is to determine the customer offer and trading calendar for the total business, driving total and promotional sales, ensuring cross functional alignment to deliver the plan.
What will i be doing?
The duties of a Trade Planning Manager are wide ranging, but ultimately involves;
* Customer Trade Plan - Create, manage and gain senior sign off of the trading plan. Ensuring all appropriate financials and customer, competitor and market insight is incorporated into the plan where applicable.
* Objectives - Set financial and brand objectives for each piece of activity within the plan, focussing on all relevant KPI's such as how we increase total sales, customer frequency, basket spend and category penetration.
* Senior Sign Off - Engage senior stakeholders with the trading plan and set expectations within it. Engage and gain senior sign off on all Promotional Period briefs.
* Commercials - Review total and promotion sales forecasts, to ensure they are in line with the business plan. Identifying future sales gaps and making recommendations to the business.
* Trade Planning Meeting - Lead and chair the weekly meeting.
* Team Management - Lead the team to ensure the planning for all promotion periods is delivered. This includes:
* Promotional Period (PP) review and recommendations
* PP brief
* Stakeholders are identified, briefed and aligned to the ambition and objectives
* Activity is joined up across departments
* Delivery from stakeholders remains true to the ambition and objectives
* Deputy - Deputise for the Head of Offline Marketing & CRM in their absence.
* Marketing Ops Meeting - Manage and chair Ops Meeting
What are we looking for?
As the right candidate for the role of Trade Planning Manager, you will have some of the following:
* Experience operating at management level and leading/motivating a team.
* Sound commercial awareness and business acumen to analyse and evaluate key financial information, market data and customer insight to provide sound recommendations.
* Ability to think strategically, understanding and planning how to deliver customer relevant activity, that supports the business strategy.
* Experienced at defining campaign objectives, writing reviews/briefs and attention to detail is essential.
* Strong presentation skills to engage cross functional teams with future plans, in addition to effectively presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations.
* Evidence of strong cross-functional project management skills with the ability to proactively plan and manage the delivery of multiple campaigns within prescribed timescales.
* Ability to influence stakeholders at all levels, working to prescribed timescales and being accountable for ensuring cross functional teams deliver to those timescales.
* Experience in marketing, Advertising, PR and E-commerce would be advantageous.
* Understanding of the trade planning process.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a high level of complexity.
* Adaptable to change in a fast paced environment.
* Ability to plan and manage multiple tasks through a team of people and departments with specified deadlines.
* Ability to network and build strong relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders.
* Ability to deal with and effectively resolve conflict and/or performance issues in an appropriate manner