Brief role description:
We are supporting our client who are a successful plastics manufacturer, in their search for a Project and Process Improvement Manager.
As Project and Process Improvement Manager your purpose will be:
* To motivate the cross functional teams using specialist technical knowledge to ensure timely, compliant completion of planned and ad hoc technical production projects.
* To support Setting Team to solve problems and improve operational systems, processes & procedures.
* To facilitate change by ensuring the appropriate actions are managed in a safe and timely manner.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
* To lead and take responsibility on projects allocated to you by the Technical Manager.
* Apply suitable project management techniques to control progress and intervene as necessary to ensure all targets are met.
* Produce accurate and comprehensive project work documentation and ensure that current progress is recorded, monitored, managed and reported.
* To ensure projects are delivered on time.
* To facilitate the introduction of new processes as a result of any project work undertaken, and to monitor progress as a result of this.
* To assist in the on-going development /training of employees and trials when project work leads to new processes or skills being required.
* Investigate on request issues where a root cause cannot be easily identified
* Identify best practice within the business & highlight areas which could benefit from adopting a similar approach
* Devise work instructions and deliver relevant training arising from process improvement activities
* Research and introduce new process/measuring/analytical equipment as and when appropriate or requested.
* Provide assistance to Technical Department as appropriate.
Essential skills you will need to be considered for the role:
* Qualified to Degree or equivalent work experience in an engineering, science or packaging technology discipline.
* Ability to collate and summarise technical information and make decisions based upon data analysis.
* A deep understanding of moulding processes and relevant experience setting moulds up.
* A logical approach to analysing problems and running trials.
* Comprehensive understanding of engineering & product drawings.
* Highly driven, ensuring that the job is done well and recognising the importance of customer satisfaction in their work.
* Ability to build and develop internal relationships to achieve work objectives for the benefit of the company.
* Is an analytical thinker Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues.
* The ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and at all levels within the Company and with customers
* Takes decisive action to address and react to opportunities and problems in day to day work
* Has a logical and methodical approach to problem solving/fault finding issues
* Ability to see the "bigger picture" and to recognise the needs of the role, and how this fits in with the needs of the business in general