A new opportunity has arisen working for a quality focused service provider based in Brentwood. The Payroll Manager will lead the vital payroll function for circa 2,000 employees. Managing a Payroll Assistant your role will be to ensure the smooth running of the payroll function ensuring that payroll, expenses and taxes are paid correctly and on time.
Key duties and responsibilities for this role will include;
• Ensuring payroll procedures are compliant, efficient and current.
• Oversee processing of payroll changes (e.g. new hires, terminations, raises) and system upgrades
• Master data administrator (salary changes/ pensions)
• Ensure compliance with relevant laws and internal policies (SSP, Maternity, Suspension, Furlough)
• Liaise with auditors and manage payroll tax audits
• Work closely with both HR and Finance
• Resolve issues and answer payroll-related questions - escalations
• Managing payroll software and systems
Key skills, experience and qualifications required;
• Proven experience as a payroll manager
• Current knowledge of UK payroll procedures and related laws
• Excellent understanding of multi-location payroll and taxes
• Familiarity with payroll software, HR systems and Excel
• An analytical mindset
• Strong communication skills (written and oral)
If you are an experienced payroll professional looking for a new challenge in an organisation that is values led with a strong focus on technology then please apply.