European Tyre Enterprise Limited is an international tyre and automotive service, maintenance and repair business group with annual sales revenues of more than £1 billion across five countries in Europe.
We operate multiple retail brands including Kwik Fit with over 800 centres in the UK and Netherlands as well as Stapletons Tyre Services which sells over 6 million tyres to trade customers in the UK.
Our primary purpose is to keep drivers safe on the road and we achieve this by being the number one choice for our customers, a leading automotive aftermarket employer and an acknowledged innovator in our industry. We can only accomplish this with great people at the heart of what we do.
In choosing to build your career with us you'll be joining a dynamic and diverse team striving to be the best.
An exciting opportunity to join the ETEL Group Finance team as a Property and Tax Accountant. This post is a useful career development opportunity for a highly numerate individual with the right aptitude and motivation. Comprehensive training will be provided.
People-skills and competence in IT are essentials for the post but a willingness to learn is also crucial.
Salary Scale: £40k-£45k
Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm.
Reports to: Group Head of Finance
Study package - to be discussed, based on further development from current qualification
1. To ensure consistent, precise and timely accounting procedures are adhered to throughout the ETEL group, with a particular focus on IFRS 16
2. To ensure timely reporting of all property related information.
3. To support budgeting process of the group
4. To support and assist with annual external auditing and statutory accounts process
5. To develop and maintain strong relationships with key internal (Group Estate team for example) and external stakeholders and advisors
6. Prepare monthly management accounts for all areas of property finance within the group.
7. Liaise with the Estates team to ensure the property records are accurate, property software is operating correctly and ensure property liabilities are met
8. Ensure IFRS 16 database plus subsequent reconciliations are accurate and complete
9. Full responsibility for accurate and timely property payments
10. Assist with monthly tax accounting for group reporting and ad hoc requirements by Group Tax Manager including supporting the preparation of annual tax computations
11. Any other ad hoc work required by the Head of Finance or Group Tax Manager
Skills & experience
Fully qualified ACCA or equivalent
Strong communication skills
Experience in advanced use of Excel
Experience of working with property MI systems
Desire to enhance tax knowledge and experience
Experience of working with tax systems
Experience of working to tight monthly reporting deadlines
An advantage: Experience of CODA and Trace (o6ix)
We appreciate how hard our people work to keep our customers safe on the road. We also recognise they need to be rewarded for their hard work, that's why we offer a range of benefits to support our people and their families