We are delighted to be supporting a software business in Durham who're experiencing growth in their PAAS product. With a market leading product range for customer in the UK, Europe and North America they're continuing to invest and have planned releases later in 2020 and early in 2021.
You'll take on the role of Platform Architect working closely with a small team of architects and the CTO to ensure the technology strategy supports the platform roadmap.
Responsibilities will include
- Developing high quality solutions
- Ensuring that technical objectives are represented in the overall vision and that roadmaps are technically feasible
- Co-ordinate technology directions and standards between development teams and 3rd party suppliers to ensure the needs of the business are addressed.
- Evaluation of technologies and standards to identify opportunities to improve products or to extend them into new commercial areas
- Actively identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and interoperability through re-use of components or designs between teams
- Identification of risks in development projects together with risk mitigation planning such as prototyping, technical proof of concept work, feasibility studies and reviews
- Estimating of technical tasks, especially of high level estimates early in the development lifecycle
- Delivery and review of technical designs to meet functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensuring that designs align with commercial objectives and customer needs and promote flexibility and agility in the code base
- Engaging with customers and suppliers to both drive/understand technical requirements and validate solutions
- Delivering key software components, especially framework components and those that are complex or critical
- Resolution of technical problems in development or post-release, especially in difficult or complex areas
- Mentoring and Leadership
- Monitoring and building the technical strength of the Technology department by both informal methods (e.g. mentoring/coaching) and formal methods (e.g. code and design reviews, documented guidelines and standards, interviewing job candidates)
- With developers to ensure technical designs can be and have been properly implemented by developers
- With the Data and Software Architects to ensure solutions are consistent with each other and with overall goals
- With delivery managers, product managers, business analysts and development leads to agree priorities, identify risks, provide estimates, and ensure that development plans are feasible and align with the technology strategy
- With third party software suppliers to co-ordinate development activities and direction
- With CTO to co-ordinate technology strategies and directions
- With customers and commercial teams to assist with technical requirements definition and solution validation
- With stakeholders to promote technology strategy and standards
In addition to strong architectural skills, ideally working on PAAS solutions candidates will need to have a proven background in development with excellent knowledge of C#/.net, Azure and Microservices. Ideally you'll have worked on projects to build platform as a service solutions using Serverless tools.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a fantastic technology company to help them continue to build products that are making a positive impact to their customers all around the globe.
In addition to exciting range of projects the role can also offer a generous salary of up to £75,000. If you are interested in finding out more please do get in touch.