Southend on Sea, EssexSalary:
Mondayto Friday 9am - 5:30pmDuration:
Fixed Term Contract for approximately 14 months The successful candidate will be joining the in-house legal team of a private equity and national property group. The company is a large freeholder, residential landlord and has various other business interests both in the UK and US. The successful candidate will join a team encompassing three solicitors, a Paralegal and a Legal Secretary. The role offers varied and interesting work across the group with self-development potential. Job Specification
Providing full secretarial support to the legal team, including but not limited to:
- Typing including but not limited to, statements, pleadings and all correspondence across the team's matters which will encompass dictation as well as utilising precedents and tailoring to specific requirements
- Utilising the department's case management system and updating on a regular basis
- Preparing statutory notices in respect of lease extension and collective enfranchisement claims
- Processing notices in respect of Right to Manage claims
- Liaising with other parties, courts and Tribunals on the telephone and assisting with telephone calls across the company and for the legal team
- Diarising Directions, Hearings and diary management for all Fee Earners
- Preparing engrossments and sending for execution
- Preparing, collating and sending Consents and Discharges to lenders and liaising with lenders accordingly
- Preparing completion statements
- Preparing completion letters, invoices and associated documentation
- Maintaining invoicing records and reconciling income each month end and year end
- Liaising with external Valuers and serving Notices for Access
- Maintaining paper records of counterparts, court orders and signed documents
- General administrative tasks including opening and archiving of files
- Processing incoming post and arranging the sending of outgoing post
- All other tasks commensurate with the role
- Relevant legal secretarial experience in a reputable firm, preferably in property law firm and/or in lease extension, enfranchisement or a property litigation department.
- Private Practice experience is a must.
- A minimum of 2 years legal secretarial experience is required
- Excellent organisational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to work within tight deadlines are essential
- Ability to be a team player and a willingness to assist with all aspects of work that the legal team requires
- Excellent inter-personal skills are required as the successful candidate will be dealing with other stakeholders across the company as well as external parties, including solicitors, court professionals and leaseholders themselves.
The company has a demonstrated a track record of success over a period of 30-years. Employees are a large part of that success which is why they offer an excellent range of benefits to all staff.
Benefits include; 20 days holiday, paid training and memberships, Employee of the month scheme, wellbeing incentives and quarterly staff social activities.