Credit Policy & Review ManagerThe Bank
A Challenger Bank who offer a real alternative for small and medium sized organisations looking to make sure that their properties and cash work harder for them. A bank that offers British businesses simple, transparent loans and savings accounts backed up with tailored service, efficient systems and with the knowledge that money is being invested back into British business and into the communities they are part of.
They offer a distinctively positive workplace, achieved through selectively recruiting people who share the same values and think and act collaboratively. They have a positive impact on their customers through ensuring the alignment and engagement of their people.The Role:
To maintain the Lending & Credit Policies of the Bank ensuring they are appropriate and aligned to the Bank's risk appetite strategy.Key Accountabilities:
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Owning the Lending and Credit Policy ensuring any proposed, approved, changes are documented correctly and taken through appropriate Governance.
- Reviewing existing lending book and providing recommendations to Credit Committee and EXCO to review and change Credit policies as appropriate to align to economic risk factors and competitive market conditions.
- Supporting the Director of Credit and Underwriting / Head of Credit in undertaking regular oversights and assurance of the delegated authority approvals by Underwriters to ensure the policies are being applied appropriately.
- Oversight of Credit underlying data supporting Head of Credit and Finance as appropriate.
- Assessing the outputs from portfolio reviews and considering in accordance with the Bank's credit risk appetite and contributing to the Bank's strategic debates on existing and potential new loan products.
- Reviewing of Credit Underwriting processes and supporting the Head of Credit in improving effectiveness and efficiency of processes.
Internal & External Relationships:
- Ideally educated to a degree level or at least 5+ years Credit Risk experience within financial services.
- Credit Policy experience in writing, maintaining, and implementing new policies and strategies
- Credit underwriting and oversight experience.
- Asset Based and Unsecured business Lending experience an advantage but not essential.
- IFS or similar qualification.
What's on offer:
- EXCO and Senior leadership.
- Working closely with the Credit and Underwriting team.
- Working closely with Portfolio Management to understand the back book and challenges and opportunities faced.
- Close liaison with and understanding of the activity and development by Products and Marketing team.
- Liaison with the Director of Business Development to understand BD challenges and market forces.
- The chance to work in the exciting Challenger Bank sector for a stable, modern, growing organisation
- Significant career opportunities for the right candidates as the business continues to expand
- Competitive basic salary plus excellent pension, healthcare, life cover and other benefits