Trade wind Hertfordshire are working with a support and specialist Academy based near Hoddesdon to recruit a Business Studies Teacher on for an ongoing post starting January 2021.
The school have been praised for creating a safe and secure environment praised by Ofsted (2017) where teachers and pupils alike are happy and able to achieve success. Having recently undergone a huge whole site redevelopment this is a superb opportunity to secure a post and start your career.
Classes at A-level are readily available as the school continues to increase its 6th form numbers, now at just under 500. Support, guidance and CPD is offered in abundance. Joining a team of 6 you'll be responsible for offering Business across KS4 and 5 if required. Btec is offered from levels 1-3 and the subject continues to be very popular by a diverse pupil base. Praised for the amount and dedication of their support staff including Teaching assistants and LSA's, the department head has also been in the school for a number of years and offers a supportive and structure department with scaffolding in place for the majority of lessons.
The school are looking to appoint a committed and engaging teacher, able to offer Business Studies to KS4 and KS5. NQT's and overseas trained teachers are encouraged to apply and will benefit from mentors, ongoing assessments, support and a reduced timetable in year 1. Experienced teachers, part time teachers or teachers looking to return to education are also welcome to apply due to the flexibility within the department and timetable.
- A Teaching qualification or experience of teaching Business with full teaching responsibilities.
- Enthusiasm, professionalism and a desire to join the academy in this exciting time ready for their new school opening.
- A proactive and engaging personality along with a passion for working with young people.
Offering MSP - UPS and initial video / skype interviews, this is a superb time to get ahead for September and secure a role in these uncertain times.
* This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
Click 'Apply now' to be considered for this great opportunity or for more information about the role, contact Sam on (phone number removed) / (url removed)
We look forward to hearing from you and helping take you on the next step of your teaching career.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are a proud Equal Opportunities Employer