Job title: Senior Visualisation Manager
Salary: Up to £70,000 depending on experience, plus benefits
The role comprises both data visualisation and data management aspects as well as the coaching of the existing analytics resource. The role alongside the existing team will be responsible for delivery of reporting to a variety of senior audiences including company Executive Committee, Board and key external stakeholders. The reporting outputs are used to support critical decision-making and manage the performance of company wide-ranging business units.
• Lead the design of a suite of Power BI workspaces and reports for business-unit and organisation-wide information provision to senior stakeholders up to and including Board level in order to gain meaningful and actionable insights;
• Collaborate with senior colleagues in Strategy, Risk, Product teams and specialist teams in other Government departments on critical activities such as fraud monitoring, default forecasting and vital econometric analysis relating to company programmes;
• Gather requirements, identify data sets and translate them into bespoke and compelling data-driven reporting, for a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
• Supporting and developing the Business Intelligence team in their use of Power BI via hands on coaching and guidance around best practice in order to strengthen the BI function, as well as increasing awareness of visualisation best practice across the bank;
• Ownership and responsibility for producing data visualisations via Power BI, visualisations will often contain key bank wide measures, metrics, KPIs which will be used for decision making by both senior internal stakeholders at ExCo and Board level as well as external stakeholders including Parliament;
• Be accountable for the accuracy of data within Power BI reporting, the visualisations will often present key business unit performance indicators, as well as information published in the national press, and therefore accuracy will be critical;
Knowledge and experience:
• Essential to have significant experience of reporting and data manipulation via Power BI, PowerQuery and DAX.
• Essential to have leadership skills - this role will be at management level and supporting step change growth of Power BI across the organisation while also supporting the learning and development of the existing BI team.
• Essential to have experience of designing and developing complex Power BI reporting.
• Essential to have excellent communication and stakeholder management experience with the ability to deal with people at all levels of a business.
• Highly Desirable to have reporting experience in the Financial Services sector.
• Desirable to have experience of Power BI Dataflow, SQL and programming in R.
• Desirable to have experience of KPI/KRI and Data Quality reporting.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent data handling and numeracy skills
• Sound analytical skills, problem solving, interpretation and judgement
• Ability to develop into a subject matter expert and apply such knowledge to a role
• Commitment to team working and providing support to team members