Job Title: Science TeacherSalary: MPS-UPS£32,157 - £50,935 (FTE)WandsworthJob Start: ASAP
We are seeking to recruit a skilled teacher of Science on behalf of a thriving school in the borough of Wandsworth. This is a good school with high aspirations for their pupils. In the first instance, this will be a temporary position with the school until February half-term, but there is the distinct possibility that this could become a permanent role. This is a part-time role for 3 days per week (Mon-Wed).
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, committed Science Teacher to join an excellent department and teach all 3 Sciences. Due to COVID guidelines at the school, you would initially only be teaching KS3 (specifically year 8) pupils while the school maintains support bubbles.
You will be able to inspire, enthuse, engage, motivate and challenge students to raise achievement at all levels due to a culture of high performance and expectations of both staff and students. The role would be suitable for either an NQT or a more-experienced teacher.
You must have experience of teaching Science at KS3 and KS4 (including on teaching placements).
The school is led by a dedicated Head Teacher and senior leadership team and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to develop within an exciting and creative curriculum and be part of a highly motivated team, which prides itself on its collaborative working practices, and are transforming the lives of pupils in the area.Job Purpose:
- Motivate, encourage and enthuse pupils in relation to Science
- To ensure high quality curriculum provision and effective teaching, which promotes learning
- To carry out professional duties of a qualified teacher in accordance with current DfE Teachers Pay & Conditions Document
- Lesson planning and effective delivery to meet the needs of all learners.
- Assessment and recording of achievement
- Monitoring of student progress and reporting to parents and other colleagues as appropriate.
- Managing the classroom and resources effectively in order to create a safe, stimulating and positive learning environment for all students
- To maintain positive discipline and promote the well-being and progress of students, providing guidance and advice
- Monitoring patterns of attendance and punctuality
- To engage fully with professional development activities
- Developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents and students, maintaining effective lines of communication
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare and therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact John Byrne at Empowering Learning Ltd. on .