Plan and deliver internal audit programme to ensure effective coverage for Business Units in geographical area of operation and ensure issues with compliance and commitment to the implementation and operation of the Business Management System (BMS) are highlighted covering the Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety, Information Security and Collaborative Working standards requirements.Note:
This role is a permanent part time role offered on a 22.5 hours a week basis. ResponsibilitiesAudit Planning:
- Prepare and maintain internal audit schedule for geographical area.
- Liaise with project sites, regional offices and corporate services to programme audits in line with the audit schedule and Business Management System (BMS) requirements and ongoing prioritisation of the current risk areas to the operation of the BMS.
- Review previous audits in the Business Unit at that project or Dept.
Audit Review and Analysis:
- Undertake effective, objective and consistent Project, Office Administration & Business Unit Management, Functional, Information Security and Collaborative Working audits at project sites, regional offices and with corporate functions in accordance with the Guidance for Conducting Internal Audits.
- Enter Audit reports onto the online Audit system.
- Enter Audit findings onto the online Audit system.
- Verify close-out of Non-Conformity Reports (NCRs) when sufficient evidence has been received and reviewed.
External Audit Planning, Delivery and follow up:
- Support trend analysis of audits and NCRs including the effectiveness of corrective and preventative measures to prevent recurrence.
- Support elements of the Integrated Business System Reviews meetings for Business Units in geographical area of operation through provision of materials to highlight audit trends, concerns and best practice and attendance at meetings where appropriate.
- Identify and highlight areas of potential best practice for sharing across the business.
Other Ad-Hoc Support:
- Liaise with External Auditor and Local management teams to prepare for external audits.
- Support local management and project delivery teams by providing advice and guidance during external audits.
- Verify close-out of external NCRs.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Co-ordinate with other Compliance Managers on all the above.
- Assist and support incident investigation activities as required including in undertaking forensic audits where appropriate.
- Periodically deliver 'Introduction to Quality' training workshops for new project delivery staff joining the business in own geographical area.
- Undertake Supply chain audits to key supply chain partners where the requirement is identified.
- Support Pre-Qualification Questionnaire and Bid Submissions as required to support Business Unit work winning activity in Business Units in Business Units in geographical area of operation.
- Experience of a similar role in a construction environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the principles of:
- The operation of integrated Business Management Systems.
- Quality Management Systems and relevant ISO 9001 standards.
- Health and Safety Management Systems and relevant ISO 45001 standards.
- Environmental Management Systems and relevant ISO 14001 standards.
- Information Security Management Systems and relevant ISO 27001 standards.
- Collaborative Business Relationship Management Systems and relevant ISO 44001 standards.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Construction operations including Project Management, Quality Control and Assurance, Safe Systems of Work and elements of Commercial Management.
- Lead Auditor qualification desired.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to manage internal and external stakeholders in the delivery of audit programme.
- Ability to mentor and support project and local Business Unit Management teams to understand the requirements of the Business Management System.
- Comfortable engaging with multiple business roles and levels to ascertain compliance and obtain required evidence.
- Able to confidently deliver training workshops covering elements of the Business Management System and Quality Control.