What are we all about?
At Access we love software and how technology never stays the same. It's this obsession that drives us to work closely across sectors to understand the business needs of our customers - from professional services to manufacturing to not for profits and more. We're passionate about helping our customers stay one step ahead of the challenges facing their industry and business. That's why over 1 million users and over 35,000 organisations rely on Access software to help their organisation thrive.
You are a dynamic individual who can manage their own workload, understands customer communication and delivering a quality service for our user base. Has good inter-personal skills. Is well organised and practical, with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving. Pays careful, close attention to detail.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Support the service delivery team for database requests.
• Manage all the SQL maintenance tasks across the estate
• Actively monitor and respond to SQL server availability and performance
• Build and optimise new SQL environments
• Perform regular upgrades to SQL servers
As a well-rounded DBA, your Skills and Experiences likely include:
• Experience of configuring and maintaining a large SQL server estate on multiple versions between SQL 2014 - SQL 2019
• An understanding of high availability architectures for SQL server
• Experience in optimizing complex SQL code
• Understanding the best practices for SQL security
• Must be self-motivated and passionate about service delivery to a high standard.
• Ability to learn new and varied skills within the Access Group support environment.
• Ability to coach other members of staff and impart knowledge in an effective manner
• Ability to work well under pressure and within given timescales.
What does Access offer you?
We are a growing software company and we deliver on what we say we do! We take the development of our people very seriously! We will work with you to carve out your success plan and an opportunity to accelerate your career and make a real difference. In addition to our standard benefits of 25 days holiday, a match contributory pension and healthcare you will get:
• A Competitive Salary
• Giving Back/Charity days
• Quarterly Socials
• 6 weeks Sabbaticals (after 6 years of service)
• The Access Group Big Break: our all-expenses paid holiday to Spain