Celsian Education are currently working with a Mainstream Primary School in Swinton who currently require a long term Teaching Assistant to specialise in 121 work with ADHD.
If you are a confident, capable resilient and calming person with either Teaching Assistant or Learning Support Assistant experience within special needs, particularly on a 121 basis and are looking for a meaningful role that will really make a difference to a young boys life this role is for you.
The role requires:
- Working 121 with a Foundation stage boy with ADHD
- Ability to work within challenging behaviour
- You may be required to work in the mainstream when the pupil is not on site, or work with other SEN pupils
- Ability to diffuse hyper activeness and impulsiveness
- The ability to re-act in an unpredictable environment
- Offer a calming environment
- A resilient character
The ideal candidate will have:
· Previous experience, voluntary or paid, of ADHD and Special Educational Needs
· Previous experience of TA / Learning support on a 121 basis
· Have strong literacy and numeracy skills
· Hold a Teaching Assistant qualification of level 2 as a minimum
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in this challenging role then please apply with your full CV and covering letter or form more information please call Rebecca Pollitt - Celsian Education - (phone number removed)
Important Notice: In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa. Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. Celsian Education is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education. All of our employees are trained in Safer Recruitment as standard. It is Celsian Educations policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However, because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual candidates. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you. Celsian Education is a Recruitment Business and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its clients.
Celsian Education are proud to operate the Children & Young People Guarantee, if the quality of work undertaken by someone we place has resulted in a negative impact on children's learning within the school then the client will not be charged