Credit UnderwriterThe Bank
A Challenger Bank who offer a real alternative for small and medium sized organisations looking to make sure that their properties and cash work harder for them. A bank that offers British businesses simple, transparent loans and savings accounts backed up with tailored service, efficient systems and with the knowledge that money is being invested back into British business and into the communities they are part of.
They offer a distinctively positive workplace, achieved through selectively recruiting people who share the same values and think and act collaboratively. They have a positive impact on their customers through ensuring the alignment and engagement of their people.Main Purpose of The Role:
- To assess new lending applications for quality, credit risk, and adherence with the policies and lending appetite.
- To summarise individual lending cases, and approve within own delegated authority or provide recommendations on sanction to Head of or Director of Credit & Underwriting, or to members of the Bank's Credit Committee.
- Support, where needed, the day-to-day credit operation activities of the Bank ensuring that all areas of the business are complying with its legal requirements.
- Contribute to the Bank's successful delivery of and adherence to the annual lending budget.
- Ensure the Bank adheres fully to its AML and TCF responsibilities and Customer Conduct/Outcomes values and delivers excellent customer service, measured by customer feedback.
- Adhering to the Bank's strategy and values and ensuring such values are embedded in the Banks contracts with suppliers and customers in order to promote business performance.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Detailed research, analysis and investigation of individual lending applications, ensuring all risks are identified and appropriate decisions or recommendations made.
- Identification of policy or protocol exceptions, with suitable recommendations of any remedial actions required.
- Provide support where needed to ensure that all post-sanction administration procedures are timely and compliant with Bank's policies and procedures including the maintenance of appropriate MI.
- Responsibility for accuracy of own data input.
- Maintain good working relationships with all legal and valuer panel partners to ensure smooth and timely exchange of correspondence and communication. Monitor and encourage delivery of valuations and loan completions within the Banks preferred timescales.
- Contribute and work with the Director of Credit & Underwriting on strategic initiatives developed to improve the Banks performance or controls as requested.
- Consistently demonstrate and evidence delivery of the Bank's brand values and behaviours.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with, and provide support to members of the Business Development Team.
What's on offer:
- Banking qualifications e.g. IFS / ACIB would be an advantage.
- Proven experience of underwriting commercial and residential property investment loans to small businesses.
- Good experience and knowledge of cashflow (unsecured) lending would be desirable.
- Good Knowledge of Housebuilding and Building development funding is desirable (but not essential) Experience of underwriting owner occupier deals and good understanding of balance sheet lending is preferable.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints.
- Ability to develop and manage relationships at key levels in the business.
- Good team working, organisational and administration skills.
- The chance to work in the exciting Challenger Bank sector for a stable, modern, growing organisation
- Significant career opportunities for the right candidates as the business continues to expand
- Competitive basic salary plus excellent pension, healthcare, life cover and other benefits